Protect your investment with licensed, dedicated Calgary property managers
Owning a rental property is a significant investment. And like any investment, you want to ensure that it is properly managed. At Residential Leasing Group Inc., property management is our business. We do not buy or sell properties. Recognizing that your rental property is valuable, we take care of it as if it were our own.
Residential rental property management services that have you covered
At Residential Leasing Group Inc., our residential rental property management services include every aspect of the rental process — from attracting qualified tenants to showing your property, to screening tenants and handling all the paperwork and day-to-day operation and maintenance. Our property management services include the following:
Showing your Calgary rental property
Every Calgary rental property is only shown by fully licensed associates who are registered, educated and must complete yearly enhancement training in the field.
Finding qualified renters
We understand that it’s important that your rental property be treated with respect and we will help you find tenants who are responsible corporate professionals. Every potential tenant undergoes a rigorous system of credit and reference checks, and you will be presented with a list of qualified prospects for your approval.
Taking care of the paper-pushing and day-to-day operations
Residential Leasing Group Inc. takes care of all the necessary rental paperwork and day-to-day operations, including:
- Supporting the easy, legal flow of paperwork for owner and tenant, including the Application to Lease, the Lease Agreement and walkthroughs.
- Operating established and monitored "In trust" accounts for security deposits and rent and Visa, Mastercard and American Express merchant accounts. As a fully licensed brokerage, our “in trust” accounts are audited each year by the industry to ensure your funds are protected.
- Preparing monthly statement of expenses and income for income tax purposes.
- Making sure you receive rent payments
Managing renter relations and property maintenance
We understand that in managing a rental property, the relationship with tenants doesn’t end once they’ve moved in. Residential Leasing Group Inc. will maintain an active role with renters, making sure their needs are met, while ensuring that your property is being properly maintained. Our services include:
- Coordinating with on-site personnel at every move in and move out.
- Monthly collection of rent from tenants.
- Communicating and negotiating directly with tenants.
- Responding to emergency maintenance tenant requests quickly and efficiently using phone, cell and an answering service.
- Coordinating regular annual maintenance using professionals and often arranging group costing for your rental properties.
- Scheduling one annual visit, more if necessary, to your rental property to ensure standards of care.
- Coordinating landscaping, annual yard work and other major projects
- Our design group can furnish or refurbish a furnished condo cost-effectively through our supplier relationships
If you have rental properties in Calgary and live out of the Canada for part of the year, the Canadian Government may consider you a non-resident and you could be subject to a non-resident tax on your revenue home.
No one enjoys dealing with extra paperwork. Let us help you cut through the government red tape. As part of our property management services we will:
- Monitor your accounts and forward an accurate record of all expenses and revenues generated from your rental property.
- Prepare and submit monthly and annual government requirements in a timely fashion.
- Our knowledgeable full time bookkeeper will prepare the documentation you require to file your income tax as a non-resident.
Rest easy with licensed Calgary property managers
By choosing Residential Leasing Group Inc., your property is part of a licensed brokerage subject to all the Calgary and Alberta Real Estate governing bodies, rules and regulations and code of ethics and conduct. Annual yearly industry audits for all in trust accounts are conducted. Our agents are licensed and keep their status current with yearly education program.
When unlicensed property managers are engaged, your property is at risk, particularly if they are handling financial transactions, such as collecting rent money. Protection for fraud only applies to clients of licensed industry members.
Contact us today for trusted residential rental property management services.